While you shop and celebrate the holiday season, businesses of all sorts and sizes offer opportunities to give back with your purchase. Here are a handful of the holiday partnerships supporting the Food Depository.
- Art & Advocacy: This Chicago-based small business created a collection of giftable art prints and household goods inspired by the Food Depository’s commitment to delivering fresh produce. 20% of proceeds from each purchase are donated to the Food Depository.
- Binny’s Gives Back: For each bottle of Clark & Sheffield wine sold at Binny’s stores through December 24, three Illinois food banks will receive a donation.
- Neighborly Mugs for Meals: Share your Chicago pride while providing meals for Chicagoans in need. All profits from this Chicago neighborhoods mug are donated to the Food Depository.
- Berghoff Holiday Dessert: Through December 31, a portion of proceeds from each sale of the Berghoff’s Holiday Mousse dish will benefit the Food Depository.
- Heisler Hospitality Seasonal Cocktails: This December, each bar and restaurant in the Heisler Hospitality group offers a special cocktail. $2 from each drink purchase will benefit the Food Depository.
- Pie it Forward at Joe’s Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab: For every slice of turtle pie sold this December, Joe’s will donate $1 to the Food Depository.
Events & Experiences
- Turkey Trot: Start a Turkey Day tradition with a 5K or 8K run in Lincoln Park on Thanksgiving morning. A food drive at the event and a portion of proceeds from registration fees will benefit the Food Depository. Learn more and register now.
- New Year’s Eve at Giant Restaurant: Ring in 2019 with a unique private party at Giant. The award-winning restaurant is auctioning itself off for New Year’s Eve! Up to 40 guests can enjoy a fully customized menu of food and drinks. A portion of auction proceeds will be donated to three charities: the Food Depository, No Kid Hungry and the ACLU. Bidding is open until December 7.
- Opening Day at Oak Brook Shake Shack: The popular burger chain will donate 25% of all proceeds from their November 30 opening to the Food Depository.
- Bowl a Turkey, Give a Turkey at Kings: Put your bowling skills to work for a good cause: when you bowl a turkey this November at Kings Dining & Entertainment, they’ll donate the cost of a turkey to the Food Depository.
Donate at the Register
- One Dime at a Time: Whole Foods Market customers who bring reusable shopping bags can donate their 10 cent per bag rebate to the Food Depository. Learn more and see the list of participating locations in Cook County.
- Nourish Life at Crate & Barrel: Crate & Barrel is working to bring five million meals to the table across the nation this holiday season. From November 1 through December 31, Crate & Barrel invites customers to donate at the register and online. 100% of funds raised in-store will benefit local food banks, including the Food Depository.
- Grand Giving at Mariano’s: During the month of November, you can donate at the register at Mariano’s stores in Cook County. 100% of the proceeds are donated to the Food Depository.