Nourish: 2020 Strategic Plan
Our strategic plan, Nourish, identifies three goals that the Food Depository will strive toward in the next four years:
Expanding access to nutritious food
Partnering with and strengthening community-based responses to hunger and its root causes, and
Inspiring and engaging our community to lift its collective voice to end hunger.
Expand Access to Nutritious Food
- Increase and expand the supply of nutritious food through our distribution channels.
- Connect eligible neighbors to the nutrition safety net.
Partner With and Strengthen Community-Based Responses to Hunger and its Root Causes
- Collaborate with a broad coalition of community partners to more effectively meet the food and nutrition needs of the men, women and children we serve.
- Build and implement a nutrition education strategy to support healthy food choices.
- Link food-insecure neighbors to tools for economic stability.
Inspire and Engage Our Community to Lift Its Collective Voice to End Hunger
- Raise awareness and engage stakeholders on the issue of hunger in our community.
- Advance an advocacy agenda to increase food access and protect the nutrition safety net and other programs critical for low-income individuals and families.
- Increase our impact in the community by being the volunteer program of choice.