More Information on Hunger
There are a number of resources available that provide information on food insecurity, hunger, and related issues. Below is a list of trusted resources at the national and local levels.
- Feeding America: Hunger and Food Insecurity
- Feeding America: The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP)
- Food Resource & Action Center: Federal Nutrition Program Research
- USDA: Nutrition Assistance Program Data
- No Kid Hungry: Child Hunger in America
- Feeding Illinois
- Illinois Poverty Report
- Illinois Commission to End Hunger
- Illinois Child Nutrition Report (PDF)
- Rise & Shine Illinois
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) is the cornerstone of our nation’s safety net against hunger. SNAP helps more than 1.9 million people in Illinois put food on their tables.
- USDA SNAP Facts (PDF)
- Illinois SNAP Facts (PDF)
- SNAP Info by Congressional District in Illinois
- The Impact of Proposed SNAP Block Grants
Health Care Resources
Hunger is a health issue. Food insecurity is linked to costly health issues in men, women, and children. Connecting the dots between hunger and health is necessary to help stabilize lives and end hunger in our community.