Impact Every Day
Our impact touches communities throughout Cook County. Thanks to staff, volunteers, and supporters of the Food Depository, our neighbors can depend on food assistance. Be part of our daily efforts to end hunger across our community.
Here are just a few examples of how far our reach extends.
Our Impact Last Year
- We distributed nearly 70 million pounds of food.
- 38% of distributed food was fresh produce.
- More than 22,000 individuals volunteered at the Food Depository.
- Our Benefits Outreach team assisted with more than 7,500 SNAP applications, resulting in more than 5 million meals and $12 million in benefits.
- Older Adult Community Markets delivered more than 1.3 million meals.
We prepare a detailed annual report with information on our programs and their impact. View and download our annual reports here.