Impact Every Day
Our impact touches communities throughout Cook County. Thanks to staff, volunteers, and supporters of the Food Depository, our neighbors can depend on food assistance. Become part of our daily efforts to end hunger across our community.
Here are just a few examples of how far our reach extends.
Our Impact Last Year
- We distributed 70 million pounds of food.
- 35% of distributed food was fresh produce.
- More than 23,000 individuals volunteered at the Food Depository.
- Our Benefits Outreach team assisted with more than 5,900 SNAP applications, resulting in more than 3 million meals and $10 million in benefits.
- Older Adult Markets delivered more than 1 million meals.
- More than 5 million individuals visited a food pantry.
We prepare a detailed annual report with information on our programs and their impact. View and download our annual reports here.