The Food Depository’s greatest asset is its employees. Our staff come to work each day with the mission of providing food for those in need while striving to end hunger in our community.
Our mission drives everything we do. Every employee plays a role in helping to provide food for our community. As we go about our daily work to advance this mission, we are guided by our core values.
With the continued COVID surge due to the Delta variant, we are taking additional steps to make sure our staff and volunteers are protected. As of 10/4/2021, all Greater Chicago Food Depository new hires, including temporary/contracted staff, will be required to be vaccinated.
Our Core Values
- We believe in inspiring the change we wish to see in the world. And that change can only become a reality when everyone has a voice and a place at the table.
- Our community trusts us to do our best. And we will. It starts by unleashing the joy and potential in each other – and the people we serve.
- We are stronger together.
Striving to end hunger requires that we seek strong, knowledgeable staff members who are prepared to work under our mission and values.
Full-time staff at the Food Depository enjoy a competitive benefits package along with some unique perks.
- Health, dental and vision insurance coverage
- Employer-paid life and disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-site gym
- $3,000 annual employer-paid ThrivePass lifestyle and wellness benefit program
- $250 employee referral bonus
Equal Opportunity Employment
The Greater Chicago Food Depository is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.