Working at the Food Depository
The Food Depository’s greatest asset is its employees. A staff of more than 160 comes to work each day with the mission of providing food for hungry people while striving to end hunger in our community.
Our mission drives everything we do. Every staff member plays a role in helping to provide food for hungry people. As we go about our daily work to advance this mission, we are guided by our core values.
Our Core Values
- We believe in inspiring the change we wish to see in the world. And that change can only become a reality when everyone has a voice and a place at the table.
- Our community trusts us to do our best. And we will. It starts by unleashing the joy and potential in each other – and the people we serve.
- We are stronger together.
Striving to end hunger requires that we seek strong, knowledgeable staff members who are prepared to work under our mission and values.
Full-time staff at the Food Depository enjoy a competitive benefits package along with some unique perks.
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Onsite workout space and showers
- Wellness reimbursement
- Quarterly Employee Days
- Catered monthly lunch from Chicago’s Community Kitchens
Equal Opportunity Employment
The Greater Chicago Food Depository is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.