Working at the Food Depository
The Food Depository’s greatest asset is its employees. A staff of more than 160 comes to work each day with the mission of providing food for hungry people while striving to end hunger in our community.
Our mission drives everything we do. Every staff member plays a role in helping to provide food for hungry people. As we go about our daily work to advance this mission, we are guided by five core values.
Our Core Values
- Act with urgency and provide solutions to hunger in our community
- Serve and collaborate with dignity
- Be good stewards of our resources
- Support one another
- Be better today than we were yesterday
Striving to end hunger requires that we seek strong, knowledgeable staff members who are prepared to work under our mission and values.
Full-time staff at the Food Depository enjoy a competitive benefits package along with some unique perks.
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Onsite workout space and showers
- Wellness reimbursement
- Quarterly Employee Days
- Catered monthly lunch from Chicago’s Community Kitchens
Equal Opportunity Employment
The Greater Chicago Food Depository is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.