Drivers are an essential part of our mission to end hunger and its root causes.
As a driver for the Greater Chicago Food Depository, you will be delivering food and hope to those in need across Chicago and Cook County. The Food Depository is hiring CDL drivers now! Apply today to make a difference for neighbors across our community.
Perks of driving for the Food Depository
- Class A driver starting rate: $24.50 per hour; Class B drive starting rate: $18.50 per hour
- New trucks and top of the line equipment maintained by the Food Depository
- Guaranteed 40 hours with optional overtime
- Local routes and deliveries
- High safety standards and training
- Fuel paid for by the Food Depository
- Quarterly bonuses
- Sign-on bonus of $1,000!
Full-time staff at the Food Depository enjoy a competitive benefits package along with some unique perks. Learn more about working at the Food Depository.
- Health, dental and vision insurance coverage
- Employer paid life and disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-site gym
- $3,000 annual employer-paid ThrivePass lifestyle and wellness benefit program
- $250 employee referral bonus
COVID vaccination is required for all new employees.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The Greater Chicago Food Depository is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.