We want to know what motivates you to join the fight against hunger. If you could send just one message about this issue to elected officials and other decision-makers in our state, what would it be? The “I am rallying to end hunger because…” project seeks to capture the many voices of anti-hunger advocates like you across Cook County.
Here are the details of the project and how you can get involved:
1. Attend the Hunger Walk on Saturday – registration is available the morning of the walk beginning at 7 a.m. Step off is at 8:15 a.m.
2. Watch for volunteers with the “I AM RALLYING TO END HUNGER BECAUSE…” sign.
3. Answer the question: Why are you rallying to end hunger?
4. On the back of your message, sign a letter that will be sent to your elected officials, urging them to protect key nutrition safety net programs in the budget and Farm Bill.
5. Say cheese! Get your picture taken while holding up your message.
6. Enjoy the walk!
Stay tuned to the Food Depository's Advocacy Center to see pictures and video from this year’s event. Let's send a strong message that ending hunger in our communities should be a top priority!
Share This Post