During the holiday season, there are many opportunities to give back while you shop, dine and celebrate. From restaurants to housewares, businesses in Chicago and Cook County have partnered with the Food Depository to donate a portion of their proceeds. Here are a few of the ways your purchases can support our work to end hunger in our community:
- First Bites Bash: Tickets are now available for Choose Chicago’s First Bites Bash on January 25! This event kicks off Chicago Restaurant Week with tastings from 60 of Chicago’s most celebrated restaurants. Beer, wine and spirits are also included. A portion of the proceeds from tickets and the on-site raffle will be donated to the Food Depository. See more details and purchase tickets now.
- Mariano’s Million Pounds Winter Food Drive: Give back while you get groceries for your holiday celebrations. Mariano’s is leading an unprecedented community effort to donate One Million Pounds of food to the Northern Illinois Food Bank and the Greater Chicago Food Depository throughout the month of December. Drop off shelf-stable food items at any Mariano’s location this December. See our list of most-needed food drive items for ideas of what to give.
- New Year’s Eve at Giant Restaurant: Ring in 2018 with a private party at Giant. The restaurant is auctioning itself off for New Year’s Eve! Up to 40 people can enjoy a personalized menu of food and drinks. 25% of the auction proceeds go to the Food Depository and No Kid Hungry. Food, drink and gratuity are included. Learn more and bid now.
- Crate & Barrel: This holiday season, Crate & Barrel is working to bring five million meals to the table across the nation. From November 1 through December 31, Crate & Barrel invites customers to donate at the register and online. 100% of funds raised in-store will benefit local food banks, including the Food Depository. Read more and make an online gift.
- Joe’s Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab: Save room for dessert when you dine out at Joe’s. For every slice of Turtle Pie sold this December, $1 will be contributed to the Food Depository. Find out more about the #PieItForward promotion.
- Neighborly’s Mugs for Meals: Share the Chicago pride while providing meals for Chicagoans in need. All profits from this Chicago flag mug are donated to the Food Depository.
- Make a Tribute Gift: A donation in honor of someone you care about makes a thoughtful gift for the holidays. Every dollar of your gift makes an immediate impact on hunger in Cook County. Send an ecard with a holiday message when you make your gift here.