Resources for Member Agencies
Helpful information for member agencies and programs. We’re here to help your agency be the best it can be. Take advantage of our resources.
Please note: At this time, the Food Depository is not accepting applications for new partner agencies or food access programs. Learn more here.
Food Recall Notices
- Romaine Lettuce
- Jennie-O Ground Turkey
- Duncan Hines Cake Mix
- JBS Tolleson Ground Beef
- Additional Resources
Updated December 3, 2018 – The Food Depository will now reinstate distribution of romaine lettuce that is verified as grown in safe regions.
We will not accept or purchase romaine from California, as the CDC believes there may still be concern of products harvested in California’s central coastal region.
“There is no recommendation for consumers or retailers to avoid using romaine lettuce that is certain to have been harvested from areas outside of the Central Coast (Calif.) growing regions,” the FDA announced.
Normal vendor approval procedures will be followed with added emphasis on confirming the source of origin.
The USDA has announced a recall of approximately 91,388 pounds of raw ground turkey products that may be associated with an illness outbreak of Salmonella.
The products were produced on 9/11/18 and had use-by dates of 10/1/18 & 10/2/18. Because of national retail availability, it is possible this product was available frozen through food rescue. See the recall statement for more information.
The FDA has announced that Conagra Brands is voluntarily recalling specific Duncan Hines cake mix varieties identified as Classic White, Classic Butter Golden, Signature Confetti and Classic Yellow; all produced during the same time period.This recall is due to dangerous Salmonella bacteria contamination found in product samples which may be related to a current outbreak being investigated by the FDA and CDC. Due to national retail availability, there was potential for distribution through Food Rescue. See the recall statement for more information.
The USDA has announced that JBS Tolleson, Inc is recalling approximately 6.5 million lbs of ground beef products. These products could potentially be contaminated with harmful Salmonella bacteria. Due to national retail availability, there was potential for distribution through Food Rescue. See the official recall statement for more information.
- A Letter to Our Partners (PDF)
- Independent Audit of Expenditures of Federal Awards (PDF)
- USDA FoodKeeper app
- Salvageable Fruit and Vegetable Guidelines
- Nutrition: Ingredient Substitutions
- Safe Home Food Storage – English (PDF) – Texas Cooperative Extension
- Safe Home Food Storage – en español (PDF) – Texas Cooperative Extension
- Food Product Dating and Storage Times (PDF) – University of Arizona Cooperative Extension
- Heart-Healthy Home Cooking African American Style (PDF) – National Institutes of Health
- Platillos Latinos ¡Sabrosos y Saludables! (PDF) – National Institutes of Health
- Fabulous fruits…Versatile vegetables (PDF) – U.S. Department of Agriculture