Resources for Member Agencies
Helpful information for member agencies and programs. We’re here to help your agency be the best it can be. Take advantage of our resources.
Please note: At this time, the Food Depository is not accepting applications for new partner agencies or food access programs. Learn more here.
Food Recall Notices
- The FDA has announced that Caito Foods is voluntarily recalling fresh cut watermelon, fresh cut honeydew melon, fresh cut cantaloupe and fresh cut mixed fruit containing one of these melons, produced at the Caito Foods facility in Indianapolis because these products have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella Carrau.
- Because of widespread retail distribution, including stores in Illinois, it is possible this product was available through food rescue. See the recall statement for more information, including product details.
- The USDA has announced that Tyson Foods, Inc, is recalling approximately 69,093 pounds of frozen, ready-to-eat chicken strip products that may be physically contaminated with extraneous materials, specifically pieces of metal.
Because of nationwide retail availability, it is possible this product was available through food rescue. See the recall statement for more details.
Del Monte Foods Canned Fiesta Corn
The FDA has released an official recall announcement for Fiesta Corn Seasoned with Red and Green Peppers produced by Del Monte Foods. Del Monte is recalling 64,242 cases of product because of a failure in sterilization that could lead to pathogenic growth.
- The products subject to recall are 15.25-ounce (432g) cans with the following UPC number printed on the label: 24000 02770. Because of retail availability in Illinois, it is possible this product was available through food rescue. See the recall statement for more information.
The USDA has announced a recall of approximately 91,388 pounds of raw ground turkey products that may be associated with an illness outbreak of Salmonella.
The products were produced on 9/11/18 and had use-by dates of 10/1/18 & 10/2/18. Because of national retail availability, it is possible this product was available frozen through food rescue. See the recall statement for more information.
The FDA has announced that Conagra Brands is voluntarily recalling specific Duncan Hines cake mix varieties identified as Classic White, Classic Butter Golden, Signature Confetti and Classic Yellow; all produced during the same time period.This recall is due to dangerous Salmonella bacteria contamination found in product samples which may be related to a current outbreak being investigated by the FDA and CDC. Due to national retail availability, there was potential for distribution through Food Rescue. See the recall statement for more information.
The USDA has announced that JBS Tolleson, Inc is recalling approximately 6.5 million lbs of ground beef products. These products could potentially be contaminated with harmful Salmonella bacteria. Due to national retail availability, there was potential for distribution through Food Rescue. See the official recall statement for more information.
- A Letter to Our Partners (PDF)
- Independent Audit of Expenditures of Federal Awards (PDF)
- USDA FoodKeeper app
- Salvageable Fruit and Vegetable Guidelines
- Nutrition: Ingredient Substitutions
- Safe Home Food Storage – English (PDF) – Texas Cooperative Extension
- Safe Home Food Storage – en español (PDF) – Texas Cooperative Extension
- Food Product Dating and Storage Times (PDF) – University of Arizona Cooperative Extension
- Heart-Healthy Home Cooking African American Style (PDF) – National Institutes of Health
- Platillos Latinos ¡Sabrosos y Saludables! (PDF) – National Institutes of Health
- Fabulous fruits…Versatile vegetables (PDF) – U.S. Department of Agriculture