Chief Marketing Officer
Joan Chow joined the Greater Chicago Food Depository as its first CMO in February 2016. Before that, she served as executive vice president and chief marketing officer of ConAgra Foods from 2007 to 2015.
During her tenure, Joan led the ConAgra Foods’ global marketing team, including integrated marketing planning, brand design, digital marketing, advertising, social media, consumer and shopper insights, advanced analytics, and multicultural marketing.
Before joining ConAgra Foods, Joan was senior vice president and chief marketing officer of Sears, Roebuck & Co., where she led the company’s retail marketing efforts. Prior to joining Sears in 1998, she spent seven years at Information Resources, Inc. She began her career in 1986 at Johnson & Johnson.
- Member, Board of Directors of High Liner Foods (2017-current)
- Member, Board of Directors of Manitowoc Foodservice. Chairperson of the Compensation Committee (2016-current)
- Member, Board of Directors of Feeding America (2008-2016)
- Member, Board of Directors of The Manitowoc Company, Inc. (2012-2016)
- Member, Board of Directors of RC2 Corporation (2011-2012)
She earned her MBA from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and her bachelor’s degree with Distinction from Cornell University.