The Food Depository provides food for hungry people through 650 member pantries, soup kitchens and shelters in Cook County.
Nearly 142,400 people every week rely on food from the Food Depository and member agencies. We share the common goal of striving to end hunger in our community.
Attention Member Agencies: Food Recall Updates
The best way for you to get notifications of all food recalls is by signing up for free e-mail updates from www.recalls.gov. This is a site dedicated to U.S. Government recalls. We encourage everyone who needs recall information to sign up today. Follow these steps and you will receive an instant acknowledgement of your subscription from the Department of Health and Human Services.
- Log on to www.recalls.gov.
- Click on the Food tab at the top of the page.
- Click on "Sign Up for Free Recall Updates by E-Mail" (in red toward the top of page).
- This takes you to the Department of Health and Human Services signup page, where you will:
- Enter your e-mail address; and
- Check the box titled "FoodSafety.gov Recalls and Alerts" under the "FoodSafety.gov Updates" section.
For more information, contact Agency Relations at 773-247-3663.