Join our One City, One Food Drive effort! Holding a food drive is an easy and fun way to help fight hunger in our community. By hosting a food drive, local organizations and companies help the Food Depository feed hungry men, women and children.
With your help, we can restock the shelves with food for hungry people.
How to Get Started
- Complete our online registration form.
- Download forms for your Food Drive Kit below.
- Market your food drive using these forms.
- Collect nutritious, nonperishable canned and packaged foods that have yet to expire (no glass, please).
- Box it up and drop off the food you have collected at:
Greater Chicago Food Depository
4100 W. Ann Lurie Place
Chicago, IL 60632
Food Drive Kit
- Helpful Hints (PDF)
- Grocery Lis (PDF)
- 5 Steps to Success (PDF)
- Food Drive Poster (PDF)
- Hunger 101 (PDF)
- Canned chicken and tuna
- Canned corn beef
- Canned fruit
- Canned vegetables
- Dried or canned beans
- Fruit juice
- Macaroni and cheese
- Peanut butter
- Whole grain cereal
Need a pick up?
Review these guidelines to see if you qualify for a food drive pick up from the Food Depository.
- At least seven (7) boxes of food
- Boxes should be near in size to that of copier paper boxes (18" by 12" by 10", or equal to 40 pounds)
- Pick-up location must be within Cook County
- Note: We will contact you near the end of your food drive to coordinate the pick up or delivery of your donations
If your food drive does not meet these guidelines, you may deliver your donations to the Food Depository at the address above.
Food drive contacts
Questions? Call 773-843-7291 for more information.
Food drive marketing partnerships
Erik Graves, cause marketing manager